Photo & Imaging is one of Asia’s largest photography trade shows. It exhibits photo cameras, camera accessories, film and digital imaging media, studio equipment, and more. Photo & Imaging launched as “Korea International Optical Industry Show” in November 1989, and were reborn as the “Photo Show” after separating from the optical product category 2 years later. In 2000 it made a new leap forward as “Photo & Imaging” following the rapid growth of the imaging market after the commercialization of digital cameras. The show has developed alongside the photo imaging industry since its inception.
• Photo & Imaging was Asia’s first imaging related trade show, and the first Asian photo show to receive UFI certification.
• It has been designated as a ‘Promising Exhibition’ by the Korean Ministry of Knowledge Economy for six consecutive years.
• More than 197 exhibitors from 21 countries participated in Photo & Imaging 2013 – an event that featured 748 booths and welcomed 75,257 visitors from all over the world.
• Boosting its international recognition, 564 overseas visitors from 51 Countries also attended the event.
Photo & Imaging 2016 consists of a diverse range of shows providing market trends and substantial business opportunities. The concurrent shows include the photography and travel themed ‘Photo & Travel’, Asia’s first photography oriented Art Fair ‘Seoul Photo’ and Cultrual Festival named ‘C-Festival’
Exciting concurrent events included P&I SNS 3 Minutes Film Festival, “100 Years Leica” Pre-Show, P&I Seminar, P&I Movie Zone Seminar, UNICEF’s Photo Exhibition, Spring Photo Contest 2014, Photo & Optics, P&I Book Fair, Photo Exhibition of Foreigners in Korea, Promotion of the 12th Meeting of Conference the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity(CBD COP ‘12), plus many more.
• P&I SNS 3 Minutes Film Festival
Visitors may enjoy 3-Minutes-long movies with 4K screen, UHD display of next generation.
• “100 Years Leica” Pre-Show
Exhibition of 50 Magnum photos and 50 Leica’s vintage cameras
• P&I Seminar
Seminars on Photography Culture, Shooting Techniques, Video Editing, Fine Art, Print Color Management, etc.
• P&I Movie Zone Seminar
High-tech equipment exhibits and seminars where visitors may learn about the entire movie making process from shooting and editing to post-production
• Spring Photo Contest
Showcase of the P&I Spring Photo Contest 2014’s award winning entries, organized by the Korea Photo Imaging Marketing Association.
• Photo & Optics
This zone will include high-tech optics equipment such as 3D printer and HMD (Head Mounted Display)
• P&I Book Fair
A presentation of a variety of photo books, photo collections, photo theory and history of photography books, travel image collections and photo essays.
Overseas Buyer & Exhibitor Benefit Programs
Photo & Imaging provides benefits to exhibitors and buyers to optimize their participation at Photo & Imaging.
• Buyer Delegation Program– Buyer groups of at least 10 members from international trade associations or government organizations can attend Photo & Imaging as part of an official delegation group and are eligible for benefits such as complimentary hotel nights, translation services and more.